Monday, May 31, 2010

A Memorial For Yesterday's Children


It is just before dawn, and I can hear the first sounds of a few birds outside.

I am thinking of the yesterdays before 4/20, when a cataclysmic and preventable disaster struck the Gulf of Mexico. I am praying there will be tomorrows for God's other children in the oceans and skies - and us, for we are connected.

Sit back and enjoy the music and spectacular beauty in this post. I don't know how it will affect you, but I feel so small, yet so close to God every time I watch it, and my broken heart "hears" Marvin Gaye's song differently. This is my treat. Feast on it, wipe your eyes, and then blog, write or fight while there might be time left...

Below, click on my music player, then mute the video, (because I couldn't attach the song I want to it.)




Marvin Gaye's song, Yesterday
Be sure to cut the sound on the videos while watching.











5 comments:

  1. Very nice KIT!!!

    If it is truly beautiful and it can be killed or destroyed.........man will find a way to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reggie, Relaxing in an odd way, wasn't it? With Marvin Gaye's song in the background, I found both videos both sad and terribly beautiful. Well, it'll hit different people different ways. It took a surprising amount of time and thought to put this together. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful. and heartbreaking. Like you wrote, sad and terribly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dabbing my eyes, Kit. The polar bear did it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very moving. I wish I had the know how to put that song with first video.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, this is Kit.

I haven't posted since summer 2010, and comment moderation has been on for a very long time.

My old blogger friends (you know who you are) are welcome to email me.

I can be reached at:
kitsmailbag@gmail.com.